As the City of Boston celebrates the fourth annual One Boston Day, St. Francis House (SFH) is partnering with John Hancock, hosting a citywide sneaker collection drive to benefit the St. Francis House Fresh Threads program for homeless men and women in need. The Fresh Threads Department at SFH that currently distributes 3,000 pairs of shoes each year to men and women who visit SFH. Citizens of Boston are asked to honor One Boston Day with a donation of new or lightly worn sneakers. Each pair of sneakers donated will directly benefit guests of SFH.
In addition to a collection drive on One Boston Day, Sunday, April 15, at the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo at the Seaport World Trade Center, there are several collection sites throughout the city that are now accepting shoe donations. For further details visit www.stfrancishouse.org/onebostonday.
- St. Francis House, 39 Boylston Street
- Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Square
- Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel, 110 Huntington Avenue
- Dr. Martens, 201 Newbury Street, #1
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, 138 St. James Avenue
- Marathon Sports Boston, 671 Boylston Street
In addition, on One Boston Day:
- The John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo, Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Boulevard
One Boston Day serves as an opportunity for the city – and its citizens – to celebrate the resiliency, generosity, and strength demonstrated by the city of Boston and those around the world in response to the tragic events on April 15, 2013.